Sunday, May 10, 2009

Our First Mother's Day

I have never wanted to be a mom and that is the complete truth. Sadly, I just didn't think I had enough patients or skill to be a mother. I didn't want to be responsible for anyone human being. But boy... I can admit I was way beyond wrong.

I am used to getting Mother's Day cards with little puppy paws on them (from Abby and Sammy) but this year, I had the most precious card from the most precious little girl. Mother's Day is officially my favorite holiday; it's like having two birthdays in one year. Emmry and Todd bought me two charms to go onto my Pandora bracelet; Emmry's charm is a dangle with a black bead one the end and Todd's charm is called "For Get Me Knot". I love it.

But my best gift of all was... We were getting ready for church this morning and Emmry was in our bedroom playing on the floor. When I turned to check on her, I couldn't believe my own eyes... there she was.... C-R-A-W-L-I-N-G! Crawling finally!! She took about 6 or 7 crawls and then fell but I think my heart skipped a beat!I am so proud to have the gift of being a mother, especially to Emmry. I could not ask for a more messy, wiggly, goofy, smart, giggly, big blue-eyed baby girl. She is just perfect.
P.S. I can't wait for her to go to school and bring me home Mother's Day gifts that she made for me! I look forward to that so so so much! Happy Mother's Day to everyone.

No comments: