Friday, January 15, 2010

Rest In Peace My Sweet Sammy

Rest In Peace Sammy
July 30, 2006 to January 1, 2010
You'll be forever in our hearts!

2010 didn't start off as I had planned nor do I think 2009 ended how I expected. After a date with Todd, we arrived home as usual. Unloaded Emmry out of the car, unlocked the door, sat Emmry down by her toys, and played with Abby and Sammy who were dying for our attention. This is our every day routine when we get home. For whatever reason, we didn't take the dogs out when we got home (which is a pretty common thing we do is take them out asap).(Abby to the left, Sammy to the right)

Around 9:45, Todd noticed that Sammy wasn't upstairs in the bed with us. Once he realized Sammy wasn't down stairs either, the panic set in. We immediately went outside, checked the road, searched the backyard and starting yelling his name. Then... something just hit me; my heart stopped as I went towards the road for one last look. I stood there for a minute trying to clear the tears from my eyes so I could see clearly. I was freezing and my breaths drew faster and harder. I knew in that moment, it was My Sammy. I screamed Todd's name. Over and over again and even though it was only moments before he reached me... it felt like days. My heart was shattered, empty, speechless. I cried endlessly, sobbed for days.
(Emmry feeding Sammy)

Sammy was my very first pet to have all to myself. He was my Christmas present from Todd in 2006. Sammy was never afraid of anything, very curious but also very protective. He loved us all in a way that could never be replaced and the bond he had with Emmry was truly one of a kind. He played with her, chased her, kissed her, and whenever she would wake up from nap time... he'd always be right there at her crib waiting on me to put her down. I miss him. We all miss him.(Sammy getting some of Emmry's drink)

Todd buried him in our flower garden. He even has a headstone and flowers. It took me days to be able to go out and see it, maybe because I felt so guilty. I think of him daily and often want to call out his name. I hear his bark. I can sometimes smell where he used to lay. I know he is in a better place. I know I'll meet him again.
(Abby on the left, Sammy on the right)

Sammy, wherever you are... I love you. Todd loves you. Emmry loves you. Abby loves you. You are and will always be missed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh gosh, im so sorry. its so hard to loose a pet, they are truly like family members. Im so sorry