Saturday, January 16, 2010

Meet Charlie

Everyone... We'd like for you to meet Charlie, the newest addition to our family. Charlie was born on October 15, 2009 and he is a toy poodle. He will be around 4-5 pounds total. He is full chocolate and white mix. His nose and paws are even brown and he has the most gorgeous green eyes. After Sammy died, we knew Abby needed a playmate. We couldn't stand to see her looking out the window, waiting for Sammy to return. So, we loaded up the car with Emmry and Abby and headed to Petland.I walked in the store, eager to see all the little puppies in hopes that I would find one to melt my heart. We played with all sorts of them but I spotted Charlie in the store manager's arms and just knew I had to have him. I held him and that was it. I was gone. In fact, Todd was gone too. We both fell instantly in love. The funny this is, we went to Petland on a Saturday which was obviously the most busy day of the week. There were tons of people and each one of them waited for us to put Charlie back so they could hold him. One family even came in, as we were checking out, to purchase Charlie. I guess he was the "favorite" of the pet store.
Though Charlie will never replace our Sammy, he is definitely loved and definitely made such a wonderful change to our household. He is playful, he wrestles with Emmry and Abby, he has the most tiny bark I've ever heard and the way he sleeps is hysterical. I don't feel like we "chose" Charlie, I feel like Charlie "chose" us! (Charlie with his tongue sticking out)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sweet baby!!!!!