Monday, July 6, 2009

Party Planning...

Yeap, that's right... the party planning for Emmry's 1st birthday has begun! I am seriously in disbelief that in about 46 days (not that I'm counting), my sweet baby girl is going to be a year old... A FULL YEAR! I can't say this enough but I can remember the moment she was born. I can remember the hours prier to delivery, the start of the "real" contractions, the mad drive to the hospital hoping and praying I was past 4 centimeters dilated and the very second the nurse said the BEST words of my life, "You are about 5 to 5 1/2 centimeters dilated"!

At that moment, I knew my life was forever changed. You would have thought that I had just had about 20 red bulls because I was bouncing off the walls and it was 4:30 in the morning and I hadn't had any sleep since the night before. Nearly six hours later, I saw the most precious, gorgeous, tiny little face. That was my Emmry, the baby that wasn't supposed to be.

Now, eleven months later... I am typing this. Where did these past eleven months go? Is is always this good? Can it really get any better than this? This child, this mircle child is my light and my life. I can see everything in her eyes. I melt at each smile, each sound, each funny face, each touch, and each breath. I knew our child would be perfect for us but this perfect is undiscribale. God made her just for us and I cannot thank Him enough!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so sweet I love her! Cant wait to see yall tomorrow!!