Thursday, May 21, 2009

9 Months Ago...

My life changed with the sound of one little precious cry. I had no idea the amount of love and joy tis nine months would bring to me. I had no idea that nine months could fly by so quickly in what seems to be a blink of an eye. But here I am and my daughter is nine months old. NINE MONTHS OLD! I never imagined it to ever be true or to ever feel this good.I honestly have tears in my eyes because I am just staring at her right at this very moment. She is glowing. She has beautiful brown hair and the most gorgeous blue eyes I have ever seen (other than her daddy's). Her skin is just like feeling silk and the way she smiles at me just melts my heart to the fullest extent. I love the way she scrunches her nose when she smiles and the way she looks just sitting in a diaper. I love the squeal she does when she gets overly excited and the way she wrestles herself to sleep at night. The most precious sound in the morning is her voice over the baby monitor; she just ooo's and ahh's.
I still can't believe she is mine. Maybe I never will. Maybe that is something "mothers" will never understand; just how one man and one woman make the most precious baby(s) ever. It seems so simple like baking a cake. But for me, it was different. Mine was more like baking a cake without an oven. But I over-came my struggles and her she is... perfect, breathing, smiling, giggling, and as happy as any baby could be. I have come to believe that no matter what, every pregnancy, every birth and every baby are pure miracles.These nine months have been the best of my life and I look forward to many, many, many more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

such a sweet sweet girl!