Monday, September 28, 2009

Todd's 30 Year Reunion

Todd and I recently received an invite to his 30 year reunion from Cass High. We, at first, were a bit skeptical of going. Not particular reason other than being uncomfortable. One night while we were laying in bed, we just decided to go. Todd was Mr. CHS so I felt like he should be there! I am very pleased to say that I am so glad we changed our minds! We had the absolute best time, I actually can't remember the last time we felt so good.

The reunion was held at the Country Club and was filled with all sorts of decorations, gifts and people... tons of people. My favorite detail was the name tags; each name tag had the year, the person's name AND... their senior picture. Quite hilarious! At first, you could tell people were a little standoffish but within about an hour of being there, we were surrounded by the best people. We ate amazing, mouth-watering food (it was to die for). I got the biggest kick out of hearing all the stories like this one guy made a giant paper airplane, lit it on fire and threw it across the room. He didn't even get into trouble and all I could think was, "We would have gotten expelled"!!

There was dancing, jokes, more stories, great people, awesome music, and much more dancing. We even picked up a dinner date with Sandy, Kevin, Robin, Megan and Tim. I did not feel out of place at all. In fact, I felt more comfortable than ever before. Now, I've been wondering if "my reunion" will be this much fun? Todd and I are looking forward to the 35th reunion... It's a CRUISE!(Sandy and Kevin)(Todd and Karen Mercer; Mr. & Mrs. CHS)

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Oh I LOVE IT! Ya'll are going to have a blast on the cruise...i'm jealous!