Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Time Is Now

This is it... The countdown is really on and there is no turning back. Today Miss Emmry is 11 months old! It's harder to say than it is to type but I cannot believe we are actually here. 11 months ago, I could not picture this day and these feelings. Having a baby is more than just changing dirty diapers, feeding them bottles, giving baths, and putting them to sleep. It's about the time you send doing these things that make it all worth while. Like the way Emmry runs from me when I finish changing her diaper, how she still to this day doesn't hold her own bottle, when it's bath time her face just lights up, and tucking her in her bed at night knowing she is safe. Those are the moments that make it all worth while.

At 11 months, Emmry is wearing size 4 diapers, has 4 jars of food a day along with 2 bottles, clicks her tongue non-stop, says "Dada, Cat, Hey, Bye-Bye, and Look", and she loves her blanket endlessly. Emmry also sleeps in her own bed, goes to sleep by herself, crawls, walks (along the couch), and loves to swim. She likes to laugh and LOVES her 4 favorite people... Daddy, PawPaw, Nana-Gayle, and her Mommy. Emmry watches "Your Baby Can Read" at least twice a day and guys, it really works. She likes to jump on anything she can and loves to play "rope"with Sammy. Life for this child couldn't be any better.

She is definitely a wild child with an attitude and I love it. Her personality just shines beyond belief. I swear I could watch her for hours and find so much humor in it. I can't say it enough but God has truly blessed us with this wonderful miracle! I am so happy to have her! Now, in 30 days, I will have a ONE YEAR OLD so let the countdown begin!






No comments: