Saturday, November 15, 2008

3 Months Already?!?!

Okay, so now that I am a "mom", time really does fly by so fast. I never thought I would forget or miss being pregnant... and I can tell you, I have forgotten! This truly makes me sad. I miss the comfort Emmry brought to my body. I miss the kicks, hic-ups, the sleepless nights and the wholeness she made me feel. For anyone that has not been pregnant, it is amazing and wonderful. I cannot believe how much I complained throughout my pregnancy and to be honest, I feel so bad for doing so.

Now, Emmry is nearly 3 months old, and changing EVERY DAY! It is so hard to keep up. That's why Todd and I take so many pictures. We always want to remember our precious daughter. God, I just want her to know how much she lights up my life. For most of you, you know that I have always hated kids and hated the idea of having any of my own. My goodness, I was so wrong. Every tear, pain, and heartache is worth each laugh, smile, kiss and hug she gives to me. If Todd would let me, I would have 10 more! Sometimes, I catch myself wanting to pinch her to make sure she is real. And sometimes I do... SHE IS MORE THAN REAL!!


Let's see... at 3 months, she is finally SMILING! She even "ooo's" and "ahh's". She is trying so hard to talk to us. Sometime, she will laugh a little bit. I kid you not when I say I nearly have tears come from my eyes when she smiles at me. It is truly amazing. Emmry also cries a lot less now. She is sleeping thru the night. She LOVES bath time but HATES being naked and cold. We read all the Disney Princess books to her and we also read Precious Moments to her too. She LOVES belly time. Infact, that is usually the only way she will be happy. Now is when I wish I could stop the clock from ticking... I always want to remember her this way.


God has blessed us in more ways than one. I am so happy I have Todd and I am so happy to have my life. Even when things are tough and I just want to pull my hair out, I just smile because I have EVERYTHING I have always wanted!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she is so sweet! you are such a wonderful wife and mommy! lets get the babies together soon!